Find, Secure, & Track Patient Information
HIPAA & HITECH Security Challenge
The adoption of SharePoint and Office 365 for storing patient information within the healthcare field is growing. In the healthcare industry, payers and providers must comply with the requirements found in the HIPAA and HITECH Acts relating to providing adequate security and privacy for Electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI). These requirements include such technical controls as user authentication, authorization, access control, encryption, data integrity, and audit logging.
CipherPoint Eclipse Solutions for HIPAA & HITECH Information
CipherPoint Eclipse Abilities
- Compliance – Enables compliance with PHIPA, HIPAA HITECH, and other patient privacy initiatives
- Data Discovery – Identifies electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI) and other patient data
- Encryption and Key Management – Provides data at rest encryption and key management in accordance with NIST 800-111 for safe harbor from breach disclosure
- Audit & Logging – Granular activity loggina dn reporting of access to patient information to quickly identify and respond to suspicious behavior
- Restrict Administrator Access – Optionally control access to patient information so that SharePoint and other IT administrators can manage the applications that store patient information but cannot view it.
- Multiple Platform Support – Supports SharePoint, file servers, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Office 365, and other cloud platforms