Find, Secure, & Track Patient Information
HIPAA & HITECH Security Challenge
The healthcare and related industries are embracing collaboration in order to reduce costs of medical care. Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365 / SharePoint Online are the market leaders for team collaboration. The challenge, however, is to secure commodity platforms such as SharePoint and SharePoint Online for use cases that involve electronic Protected Healthcare Information (ePHI) and other regulated or sensitive data.
The adoption of SharePoint and Office 365 for storing patient information within the healthcare field is growing. In the healthcare industry, payers and providers must comply with the requirements found in the HIPAA and HITECH Acts relating to providing adequate security and privacy for Electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI). These requirements include such technical controls as user authentication, authorization, access control, encryption, data integrity, and audit logging.
CipherPoint Eclipse Solutions for HIPAA & HITECH Information
The CipherPoint Eclipse for Healthcare solution for PHIPA, HIPAA, HITECH and other patient privacy compliance delivers the controls healthcare organizations need to secure their patient and other sensitive information, and to meet their compliance requirements. CipherPoint’s solution for healthcare organizations helps them to meet access control, system activity reporting, transparent encryption, and automated key management requirements, in a single, easy to deploy solution that is centrally managed and transparent to end-users.
CipherPoint Eclipse Abilities
The CipherPoint Eclipse for Healthcare helps healthcare and other organizations ensure patient privacy:
- Compliance – Enables compliance with PHIPA, HIPAA HITECH, and other patient privacy initiatives
- Data Discovery – Identifies electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI) and other patient data
- Encryption & Key Management – Provides data at rest encryption and key management in accordance with NIST 800-111 for safe harbor from breach disclosure
- Audit & Logging – Granular activity logging and reporting of access to patient information to quickly identify and respond to suspicious behavior
- Restrict Administrator Access – Optionally control access to patient information so that SharePoint and other IT administrators can manage the applications that store patient information but cannot view it.
- Multiple Platform Support – Supports SharePoint, file servers, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Office 365, and other cloud platforms
CipherPoint Eclipse Compatible Products
The CipherPoint Eclipse for solution for PHIPA, HIPAA, HITECH and other patient privacy compliance delivers the controls healthcare organizations need to secure patient and other sensitive information, and to meet compliance requirements. CipherPoint Eclipse helps organizations meet access control, system activity reporting, transparent encryption, and automated key management requirements in a single, easy-to-deploy solution that is centrally managed and transparent to end-users. Visit the products pages to learn more about CipherPoint’s data security solutions.